What will your day look like?
In the role as Event Coordinator, you will be the point of contact when it comes to the execution of all digital and in-person events and you will be the subject matter expert in modern marketing tools and services in the market. You will be responsible for bringing together different elements in order to execute event briefs in a joined-up approach, which addresses client objectives and business challenges. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Project coordination, execution and management of in-person and digital events. This includes attending on-site events to ensure control and execution on time as well as coordinating materials (e.g. decks, videos, captioning, etc.) for digital events
- Acting as the subject matter expert on event platforms through corporate support and self-training
- Training marketers on the utility of event platforms and educating local stakeholders on event services and tool capabilities
- Planning events, including getting all materials ready, coordinating dry runs for each event, identifying potential issues before events, reporting on issues to request support as needed, etc.
- Reporting to provide specific reviews and information to stakeholders, including budgeting, spending, etc.
- Obtaining insights and analyzing marketing activities to find patterns, best practices, and efficiencies
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship; ensuring satisfaction and growth of the client account. An understanding of the clients’ business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the programs you are working on.
What do you bring to the table?
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation and events. You are a team player, who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented, with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or communication background
- Min 2 years of experience with project or event coordination
- Excellent client-management, client-facing and project management skills enabling you to co-ordinate with multiple teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- An interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Excellent adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Fluency in English and Dutch, as you will be working with local stakeholders.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.